OMID Magazine Mehr Dokht gets a new editorial team in Tehran
Mehr Dokht is OMID’s quarterly magazine, produced by the young women at OMID, and it is back with a new team, a new look and new frequency as it will be published bi-weekly instead of quarterly from now on.
The new team members who took over from early this Iranian year, are quite enthused about their work: “… there’s lots to do and lots to cover but we are all up for it! ” says Farzaneh, Mehr Dokht’s Editor.
The team is now being supervised by our newly appointed colleague in our management department, Fakhereh Khatibi. The Mehr Dokht team members are:
Farzaneh (editor), Hanieh (editorial/literary articles), Samereh (reporter), Zahra (news) and Zeinab (photo journalist). We wish the new group all the best in their upcoming endeavours.
There are two issues of Mehr Dokht available to date:
Issue Number 1 includes:
* Literary piece
* Interview with Narges Pouya (pictured below) , an OMID student of Afghan background, about her experiences in the theatre.
Click here to download a Persian language copy of Issue 1 of Mehr Dokht.
Issue Number 2 – Persian date Khordad 1395 – featuring eight articles:
* Getting together to wash the dishes at the OMID kitchen
* Football OMID style
* My profession does not make me superior – a report on the visit of Rich Solmaz.
* Story writing competition – call for submissions
* Why have English language classes changed?
* Two literary pieces called: Move Raging River, The Future and a poem called Cottages Love.
Click here to download a Persian language copy of Issue 2 of Mehr Dokht.