MEHRDOKHT – THE OMID NEWSLETTER
Mehrdokht is OMID’s own magazine, produced by the young women at OMID, and it returned in 2016 with a new editorial team and a fresh new look. Details of the latest issue and previous issues are listed below and you can download a persian language version in PDF format too, by clicking the yellow links for each issue. We hope you enjoy these newsletters created by, about and for the young women at OMID.
Issue number 6 – “Fun Day” special issue
This is a special Edition of Mehrdokht covering the first Fun Day at OMID on November 5th, 2016. This event now takes place once every month, and is where staff and girls at OMID join hands to make a fun day filled with various activities, games and food. For this edition, the Mehrdokht crew gave an account of the activities, interviews with various staff members involved in organizing and running the various activities and games. These included members of the management team, social work, education and external affairs and psychology departments.
Previous Persian language issues of Mehrdokht are also available to download:
Issue number 5 includes the following features and articles:
- News in Pictures: Group 16 Graduation Party, September 3rd (pictured below)
- Poetry by Sahar Yari, titled What happened?
- A Chat with Group 16 Grads (by Zeinab Mousavi, Samereh Rahimi) : some of the grads were interviewed to give their opinion on what has been their experience at OMID.
- A chat with some of the staff (By Hanieh Koochaki and Sedighe Rerzayee): In this edition two of the staff who spend long hours at the center were interviewed. Setareh Amoozegar the COMP Supervisor spoke of her experience at OMID in the past 4 years.
- “The Salesman”, a critical look at Asghar Farhadi’s new movie: (by Nicki Gharagozlou): The Salesman is Farhadi’s last work that has won Cannes Festival’s best screenplay and best male actor.
- Literary Piece by Hanieh Koochaki: “I can see the orbit of serendipity in the blue arms that are caressing me, so beautifully and not leaving me on my own…”
Click here to download a Persian language copy of Issue 5 of Mehrdokht.
Issue number 4 includes:
- Editor’s pick: OMID is not the Army!: Written by Samereh Rahimi, Sedighe Rezaee
- News: Memories which don’t repeat anymore!: Written by Zeinab Mousavi, Hanieh Koochaki, Faideh Gharizadeh
- Cinema review : From sympathy to forgiveness: By Niki Gharagozlou
- Story of the Week: Flying without wings: Written by Maryam Ghilichi
- Guess who and win a prize – A fun photo competition.
Click here to download a Persian language copy of Issue 4 of Mehrdokht.
Issue Number 3 includes:
- OMID should not be a utopia – getting ready for the outside world.
- Iftar for the little ones – OMID girls and staff raise funds to buy 76 cans of baby food to donate to Torkamani Orphanage. (pictured)
- Together we are all champions – Interviews by established OMID girls, of girls of two newer groups of OMID girls.
- Story writing competition winner announced: Best story award was given to Melika Amiri.
- Move Raging River – A story continued from issue 2.
- Food and nothing more…! A satirical piece about food and serving lunch to those who were not able to fast during Ramadan.
- Literary piece : a game of hide-and-seek between virtues and vices and their adventures.
- A Tribute to Abbas Kiarostami: Girls and staff pay tribute and a minute of silence for the untimely passing of one of the greatest film makers of the world, who was also one of OMID’s major supporters.
Click here to download a Persian language copy of Issue 3 of Mehrdokht.
Issue Number 2 – Persian date Khordad 1395 – featuring eight articles:
- Getting together to wash the dishes at the OMID kitchen
- Football OMID style (pictured below)
- My profession does not make me superior – a report on the visit of Rich Solmaz.
- Story writing competition – call for submissions
- Why have English language classes changed?
- Two literary pieces called: Move Raging River, The Future and a poem called Cottages Love.
Click here to download a Persian language copy of Issue 2 of Mehrdokht.
Issue Number 1 includes:
- Editors preface
- OMID news
- Literary piece
- Interview with Narges Pouya (pictured below) , an OMID student of Afghan background, about her experiences in the theatre.
Click here to download a Persian language copy of Issue 1 of Mehrdokht.